Wednesday, July 27, 2011

These are a few of my Favorite things....Summer edition

Since Oprah can get away with listing her favorite things I figured it was high time I put up a list of my own. These are my favorite things of the summer so far as I have been horrible at blogging about current happenings.

Visit from Dad, Sally, and Katie - They came in early June and we had a blast going around to Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Playing tourist is fun!

This is what we did all weekend. I swear Katie and Dad were never away from their phones!

2nd Anniversary! - June 20 was our 2nd Anniversary so to celebrate we went to Colorado Springs for the weekend. It rained a lot (which was nice because we never see rain here) and Paul got to re-explore his old stomping grounds (as he was 5 years old when they moved away).

Notice one of his newest t-shirts pays tribute to Angry Birds. We spent one Friday night playing the game for two hours...yes we were bored!

Weddings! - Okay so it was really only one wedding for Paul's friends Sean and Jen but it was nice. Weddings always make me smile.


Yummy new foods - We found a new Chile-Lime Fajita marinade that we love (recipe to come soon). We also have fallen in love with Crusher cabernet sauvignon wine. Who says $12.00 wines can't be awesome? One of our favorite meals while in Colorado Springs was just making our own cheese plate at the hotel. I also love that my sister-in-law July can cook and gives us random things sometimes like Chocolate Cherry Bread Pudding...oh yes be jealous! ;-)



With a name like that it has to be awesome! Very ominous...lol

New Apartment - We moved at the very beginning of the summer with the help of movers and friends to a great apartment. It's a very quiet community most of our neighbors are either retired or older families so we don't have much noise to deal with. Our view is also awesome we face a major street so Paul can practice panning cars and taking pictures of random lightning storms. 

If you look between the yellow flag NM flag and American flag you can just barely seen Barnes & Noble. If I tilt my Nook just right I can get into their internet (we have our own it's just fun!). The sight of the sign at night makes me happy!


Enjoying our hobbies - For me reading this summer has been great. I'm currently rereading Harry Potter (after 1 1/2 weeks of reading I'm on book 6...I just don't have the time I used to! lol) and decided to read the 1st book to Paul. It wasn't as exciting to him as it was to me, but to each their own. Our next adventure is to listen to all 52 hours of the Lord of the Rings series. It will be awesome and I suspect it will take most of the fall. Summer has done wonders for Paul's photography. He keeps busy on his forums on Flickr and reading new books. He finds out new techniques weekly, which go straight over my head at times. Who knew my college photography class and having two sisters for photographers would come in handy? lol

Lazy Saturday morning reading Harry Potter out on our balcony and watching Paul photograph cars driving by.


So that in a nutshell is our summer. Maybe when fall rolls around the blog will get more exciting? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment