Sunday, December 13, 2009

"We're going to Lovelace baby!"



That was what Paul said to me after nearly falling off the chair he was standing on while taking the above picture. The combination of the fall and the tiles could have made for an exciting trip to the ER again! Lovelace hosptial was the first ER I ended up in at the end of October in which we had "wonderful" experience. We weren't having enough fun with the $17,000 in medical bills we already have right? LOL



So Paul and I finally put up the Christmas stuff. It took a little bit of nudging by Jeff (thank you for taking out the stuff for me!!), but we finally got the tree and my nativity set up. Looks kind of retro cause, well, it is from the 1970s I believe. Paul and I enjoyed going through different ornaments and hearing the stories.


Isn't it cute? Guess whose ornament this is? :-)

I found a few decorations that may interest some members of the Sadowski family namely Cindy, Jeff, and Paul. LOL I'm not mean I promise!! :-)






 Cute pictures right? Gotta love the memories!



The thing I was looking forward to most this year was my nativity set. Mom got this for me last year and I decided the subwoolfer is the best spot in the house for it!

This week also began the Christmas party season. I went to our church small group's Christmas party on Friday night without Paul because he had a choir rehearsal. I got home from work with an hour till the party and had planned on making green bean casserole only I couldn't get the can opener to open any cans!! I literally tried everything. I even looked on youtube as to how to use a Oxo manual can opener. Nothing worked. So finally with only 15 min. till the party I gave up and bought brownies. Turns out 90% of the people had the same idea cause we had a lot of desert and no sides. But it was a fun party overall just a lot of sweets! Today we went and bought me a can opener I can use! lol

Then Saturday was filled with putting up Christmas decorations and torturing Paul with Christmas music! We ate pizza with Jeff, July, and Skye while watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which is still incredibly stupid. July and I decided you need to be stoned to get the humor! lol

Sunday Paul had a performance at a Methodist Church near downtown for a Christmas choir concert he's been rehearsing for the past few weeks. It was a great performance even if Paul lost his place during the solo (I love you!!!) lol. Afterwards we went to Pappadeaux and ate yummy stuffed crab and crawfish etouffee for a pre-6 month aniversary celebration. The real date is Dec. 20th but we are going to be super busy this week and weekend!

2 comments:

  1. How cool that you took pixs of those ornaments! We all have them (with our own kids photos of course). Frances bought a bunch of them for Grammy one year. She put photos of all her grandchildren in them and they were her favorite ornaments!

    Too funny story on Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We have a group of scrapbooking friends and we rent a cabin at Cook Forest, PA twice a year. Two of the women love that movie and the rest of us also think it is really stupid. They recite different parts and laugh and laugh and then we laugh cause we just don't get it. We've decided it just takes a certain sense of humor to understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! It's your cousin-in-law Darlene! (Colleen mentioned to me that you have a blog, so I thought I'd take a peek.) Funny that I'm commenting on the ornaments too - and Colleen already did so! I remember those ornaments on Grammy's tree!!! However, I didn't realize that Frances bought them for her. (Thanks Colleen.)

    I hope to read more of your blog... (I'm at work right now, I just wanted to find it.) I hope I get to meet you someday!!! Paul told me a lot about you over our family reunion a year and a half ago.

    Love,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete