Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 7 - Your dream wedding.

So I know it would be incredibly corny to say but I was actually really happy with our wedding. Everything went off with very few glitches. I had a few mini-bridezilla moments....one in particular I was trying to find sage vests for the men and couldn't find them. Poor Paul was with me on this particular one and said "honey no one will care if you got the exact perfect vests". The it hit me how easy it is to become obsessed with the wedding and forget the marriage. In the end we went with sky blue and yellow which worked nicely. We didn't have the dream photographer that charged us $5,000, the designer cake at $600, or the crazy expensive "I'm wearing this once" dress for $2,000. We had a much more meaningful time with what we did have. More importantly we got through it with no debt, everyone's sanity mostly in tact, and each other!



Only thing that I really ever wanted in a "dream wedding was a "dream location". I've always thought destination weddings would be fun! Maybe Florida on the coast renting a vacation home to hold a very small wedding guest list (talking 20 max) and have the reception there. But this "dream wedding" would have never worked out 1) I wanted to get married in the church and 2) Getting everyone to Florida would have been a challenge.


But back to getting married in the Church. Many of you may know I converted to Catholicism but the sacrament of marriage to me was important even before this conversion. I don't like the idea of getting married on a random beach or in the middle of a field. Yes I know God is omnipresent, but a church to me is sacred and a good way of ushering husband and wife into this sacred union aware of the need for a relationship with God to see us through the good times and the bad.

I could go on and on about this...but it's sleepy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment